Welcome to Edwina's Message Board > Triumph of the day for you
Triumph of the day for you
Please use common sense and be nice when posting.  No flaming other members or you will lose your privileges.  Thanks.  You must be registered to use Message Board.  Click the link to the right ---->
Login  |  Register
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hydra
62 posts
May 16, 2008
5:34 AM
My triumph of the day is that I got out of bed and balanced my checkbook, lol, sounds funny but that is something the needed to be done.

Please add your triumph of the day, no matter how small or large......
Joe
May 16, 2008
7:43 AM
Lol Hydra, you may not believe this, but less than half of the population in the United States are capable of balancing a checkbook. You go girl.

For exercise, I went for a ride on my bike this morning. I feel like I have more and more energy all of the time since I began to exercise everyday. That's my accomplishment.
Kara
13 posts
May 16, 2008
10:45 AM
Thanks for starting this topic, Hyrda. I think we need more of this type.

Well I accomplished more this morning by 10am, then I have done in 2 weeks.

I finally got outside and did some yard work. This is a major accomplishment for me....I had to do a lot of self talk while I was out there. Since it was the first time I had mowed the lawn this year, the lawn mower was hard to start. I almost decided to just give up. But I started it :). Then when the weed eater ran out of string, I put it down and started playing fetch with the dogs. Then I talked myself into going to the garage and putting in more string. Then of all things, the mower ran out of gas. I thought for sure this was going to be a deal breaker. But I made the right decision, and went and filled up both my car, and the gas can.

I am a single woman, living alone in my home. I live in the typical suburban neighborhood. Every other home on the block is the American family...mom, dad, 2.5 kids. So I don't really fit the mold for this neighborhood, but it's mine. I bought my own house when I was 27 years old. By myself. I took my yard from rocks and weeds, to landscaping and flower beds. I laid the sod (with a lot of help from my family). And its something that I can say that I did for myself, by myself. Makes me feel empowered and independent.

I don't have a husband to shovel snow off the driveway, or to hang Christmas lights, or to plant trees and bushes. There's no one to mow the lawn, and plant a garden, or fix the sprinkling system, except for me. So with my agoraphobia, and social anxiety, it makes it difficult for me to get out into the yard, and accomplish these things. But today I did it!!! Yay me.

I always feel like the husbands on the street are staring at me. When they have put their snow blowers away in the garage and are back in the house, and I am still shoveling away.....or when I am out in a muddy puddle, fixing a broken sprinkler head that they could have fixed in half the time. I don't like to do all these things, and its hard for me to get out there in the open when I feel exposed. But I do it! And when I'm done, like this morning, I feel unstoppable.

Thanks for listening to me ramble! Have a beautiful day!

K
dish
May 16, 2008
6:01 PM
Hey, I just want to say kudos to you, Kara!! That is awesome; both what you have accomplished in acquiring your house, beautifying it and getting out there today and manhandling the obstacles today! I am sure I would have wanted to throw in the towel and go cry myself to sleep. Give yourself one helleva HIGH FIVE girlfriend!!

As for myself, I guess my accomplishment this past two weeks has been to put myself back in the hospital under a good doctor's care and get back on medication again, as I thought I could do this on my own, only to be proven wrong, of course. So, hopefully, I will be on the road to recovery again with the help of Lamictal and Abilify. You think I'd know better by now, huh?

And thanks, Hydra, for the positive post!! We certainly needed it here.

Peace people
mcLake
41 posts
May 16, 2008
7:02 PM
I actually had a very pesant experience with a Verizon Tech from the Phillipines named Mike who was very patiant and walked me through all my problems.Iwas really happy that evrything worked after him spending 2 hours on the phone with a computer illiterate like me

Marty
Thanks Hydra for starting a positive post
purple
May 17, 2008
8:57 AM
My triumph for the day is actually for yesterday, Friday. I finally understood the system for a passenger to pre-pay with a credit card at work. I can go through the whole procedure by myself without asking for any help.

I'm feeling more comfortable with answering phones and questions. I just need a little more training on working with the drivers and the dispatcher's paperwork. I go solo next Friday night and I'm starting to think I can do this job.

yay me!!
Anonymous
May 18, 2008
12:54 AM
HI, Very proud of kids.

One has computer Engineer degree, Software, New rave 4, New house, etc. Doing very well.

Good Job for times of recession..
The other tradesmen, But I wish he went through trade school on the job training, college. (They pay for it) Electrical, plumbing, tool and die, Welding. Get journeymans card.

Love them both allot and so proud of them.

TC
Anonymous
May 18, 2008
12:57 AM
By the way, good thread, Hydra. About time we are positve..

TC
Quinton
May 18, 2008
1:45 AM
Hydra,

Great job on sending a positive post... we definetly needed it. We are always so used to seeing the negative, its a nice change.

As for me, I was up most of the night not sleeping and really worried about my son. Instead of freating to much about him, I ended up grabbing some paper and finished a drawing that I'm going to give to him when he is better. For being so strong during this difficult time.

Quinton~
Anonymous
May 18, 2008
2:07 AM
Quin, Kids are very fast learners, You have to take good care of yourself, and kids will follow..

Did you try Vitamin D, which turns into melatonin.
Up to 2000 mgs a day.

Soak feet in very warm epson salt.

When you get a chance, look at www.blockcenter.com
TC
shona
5 posts
May 18, 2008
11:21 AM
Terrific new post Hydra !!
Today I am taking it easy, just some laundry.
Yesterday my girlfriend & I pulled off a fantastic wedding, as most of you know, we have worked long & hard. It was great to see how happy the whole thing made the bride & groom.
Tomorrow starts another week.

Shona
su2
May 18, 2008
1:14 PM
This is a marvelous idea, Hydra. It's so nice to see what positive things that people have, can, and will do in their lives.

As for myself, I've been weeding the veggie garden. Now I know that this sounds like no biggie, but this darn garden hasn't been used and thus weeded in 5 years. It's a veritable jungle with roots down to China and man-eating plants wouldn't be a great surprise. This work requires a great deal of sweaty, back breaking shoveling and perhaps a whip and chair.

At the very least, the whole thing seemed so overwhelming that I was having a hard time making myself get out there. The really cool thing is that not only have I been working out there, but my husband and dad have been helping, too. Yay!

And kudos to everybody else in your positive accomplishments.
Hydra
65 posts
May 19, 2008
10:31 AM
I had big old messy cheese coneys for lunch and did not spill one drop on my dress clothes, lol...I was in the office today and that went well, got a lot of paperwork crap done with my boss.
jimm
May 20, 2008
7:18 AM
hydra great idea this thread...a positive vibe infusion could do wonders...
moody girL
May 20, 2008
8:18 AM
I did three loads of laundry this weekend, and I asked my boss for a raise and got it! I am learning to let go of my troubled son.

love, moody girL
kelli
488 posts
May 20, 2008
4:32 PM
i am so proud of u all.....especially you, moody girl. i know this is a great accomplishment for you. i am your biggest cheerleader and i love you!!!
----------
kelli
dish
May 21, 2008
8:18 AM
Holy Cow!! Did the stars align last night????

I got up this morning at 6am, drank some coffee and then started in the bathroom and didn't stop til 11am. By then, I had scrubbed the tub, the mirror, the counter and sink; then on to the living room and bedroom and got ALL the dusting done. I rearranged my momentoes, so things look brand new and now I am burning beautiful, smelling incense and feeling giddy!! Trust me, this is MAJOR for me! I feel so good right now and hope each and everyday can be the same.

Peace to you and yours, my friends, on this georgeous day!
Hydra
May 21, 2008
3:17 PM
It was the full moon dishy :)

My triumph was that my son went to his first day at work. He got a job in a convenient/ice cream store. He had been trying so hard to find a job for several months. I am so happy and very proud of him.
Hydra
May 25, 2008
5:04 PM
I took all my meds today on time....just have to take night meds. Might sound easy but taking meds 4 to 5 times a day is not an easy schedule to follow all the time. Oh, did I mention my son got a job...ehehehehehe, just can't help but brag on him.
NitewaLker
May 26, 2008
9:22 AM
Ummmmm...........can you help me balance my checkbook?

It really is good to see positive steps here. I guess they are there for most of us if we slow down and look for them. Just breaking out of ourselves long enough to enjoy the beauty around us counts. Appreciating a cloud, a tree, a pretty girl.............it all counts.
NitewaLker
May 26, 2008
9:22 AM

It really is good to see positive steps here. I guess they are there for most of us if we slow down and look for them. Just breaking out of ourselves long enough to enjoy the beauty around us counts. Appreciating a cloud, a tree, a pretty girl.............it all counts.
NitewaLker
May 26, 2008
9:23 AM

mcLake
43 posts
May 26, 2008
9:29 AM
Today Renee and I got motivated and decided to take a walk along a path by our house.As we walked we passed daisies and honeysuckle.It was very stimulating in both body and spirit.We hope to make this a part of our daily routine
Marty
Anonymous
May 27, 2008
6:00 AM
Planets aligned??

Bio-rhythms??

Whatever it is keep up the great work guys..
shona
6 posts
May 27, 2008
2:13 PM
Today, tuesday, May 27, 2008, I saw my daughter off to Navy boot camp without crying.

Shona
TW
May 29, 2008
11:00 PM
Thank goodness for some good news...life's lil triumphs.....last night (middle of the night) I washed my mom's filthy car, as a surprise.

Today, I finally caught the SECOND cat, and sprayed him w/Frontline Spray, for fleas. Now I can smuggle them in, occasionally, w/o fleabites on anyone.

Memorial Day I grilled and cooked like crazy...so my elderly Mom would have a special day. It was yummy.

Hoping more good stuff/triumphs r to come!!!

TW
Hydra
Jun 04, 2008
2:02 PM
My new boss gave me a compliment today...she said she was happy that she made the right decision and she ended up with an excellent assistant...yay for me.
swami
Jun 04, 2008
11:58 PM
my triumph of day was figuring out who talks to who mus sent yahoo om s etc showing up a year later and feeling joyful about it but my huge s joy was playing tribute to bodiddley and jeff heakley at gig tonight with ewlwood from blues bros and kiko on bass and watch stan the hammond play the sh ... out of it and elwood finally can play hard...that and not using mayo on my sandwich
yay sawamee and trimming the guest list and another say no meds!
Soul
Jun 21, 2008
3:39 AM
My triumph of the day was actually starting to let go of the knot i get when im at a large social function. I never used to have it. I think i developed it after having life shit on me. Fear of finding my way back to that dark place. But today i noticed a big change. I found my comfort zone and wasnt faking a good time. I choose life!
soul
Jun 21, 2008
3:42 AM
Also wanted to add this post needs to be kept alive. Yay for everyone and their triumphs :D
ozy
Jun 23, 2008
9:53 PM
my triumph was from the other day when i finally stopped procrastinating and booked my car on a truck and me on a plane back to melbourne.
Was kinda scarey coz its the next step in life and i know i have to make a lot of changes to improve myself and my future, but the 1st steps been taken now.
Congratulations everyone on your individual triumphs, theyre all important, and i hope this great post of yours keeps going Hydy, youre ace !!
PS- (another triumph i had lately was spending a whole session in chat without talking about sex once !!!!)
Kara
18 posts
Jun 24, 2008
8:06 AM
I have a hard time getting out into the yard and doing things that the husbands or men in the neighborhood usually do. I don't have a man to do them for me, so guess who gets to do it. I feel like the neighbors are watching me and judging me....Look at that girl...she doesn't know what she's doing. Today I got out in the water and mud. I dug up a broken sprinkler head. All the time that I was out there, I had positive thoughts. I changed my way of thinking. Now I am thinking my neighbors are probably thinking.....man I'm impressed that girl can do that! Or I wish I could get my wife out there to do things like that. I am proud of myself of changing my thinking, and accomplishing something that would have given me anxiety in the past. Yay me!!!!
Hydra
Jun 24, 2008
11:02 PM
I made a set of tarot cards today and they turned out pretty good.
TW
Jun 26, 2008
12:59 PM
A yr ago, when my 4 yr old and I moved from Birmingham, to the small town where my mom lives (lost Dad the yr before), we brought a swingset I had bought for him, on layaway. The thing had been a nightmare to put together.....freaking allen wrenches and stuff, which were NOT included.....and the one who helped me pack took it COMPLETELY apart.

So....I figured it would moulder forever, in pieces. :-( well..... a couple of days ago, I was looking at our nice sturdy flowering tree in the front yard....has strong, low branches, and the boy likes to climb it a little.....saw aprefect branch for a swing....went and got a swingset swing...and hung it!!!Perfect!! Then, as I was looking at this sight....I suddenly saw a way to put the slide in, too!!!! Tied all together tightly w/plastic-covered wire, and now the boy has a climbing tree, a swing, and a slide......that ends up in his kiddy pool. YAY!!!!!!!! :-D

I am delighted no end by this accomplishment. Told my artist Mom that apparently the Muses of Art and Engineering were on my shoulders. My happy lil man. I love him SOOOOOO much!!!!!!

TW
soupCan
60 posts
Jun 26, 2008
5:27 PM
Today I applied for financial aid for fall and applied to a university. I decided that if I am going to run a business, I should have some business skills. LOL! Needless to say I have not told my fiance yet because he has been at work all day. He's probably going to think I am nuts because of everything else I have on my plate....but hey, if I can handle everything else...nothing can stop me!
nello
Jun 27, 2008
5:33 AM
Triumphs -- I slept all night for the first time in what seems like years last night - BIG YAY. And, I am now officially a college student - go me!
HC
Jun 27, 2008
2:44 PM
i have been going swimming and working out when i can.
i tried not 2 get ballistic over an unfair at&t phone bill.
nothing earth-shattering, but the just normal everyday stuff to get through and keep on going.
swami
Jul 02, 2008
10:42 AM
my 'triumphs " of the day
passive letting go of resentments @family
continuous process "can u say rock star jaded son alcoholic sister"?(ok so i havent entirely let go

the continuing process of being off meds and starting a record company and quitting cigs(slowly) and staying put and practicing guitar and writing.(well it isnt winter so maybe it isnt such a triumph)
greaT IDEA this thread
positivity is good
negativity leads to only one place
tralove
2 posts
Jul 02, 2008
2:52 PM
i didn't hit a car today that pulled out in front of me during a panic attack, holy moly.........good deal, hydra!!!!!
shona
8 posts
Jul 11, 2008
9:28 AM
I finally got my van back to the shop for smog work. I qualify for state assistance thru BAR, so only have to pay $20 for $500 worth of work. woohoo
Hydra
76 posts
Jul 13, 2008
8:35 PM
got some good bargains on baby clothes today for the grandbaby coming....found an awsome CBGB onesie, how cool is that?
Lara
Jul 15, 2008
1:02 AM
I had THE best sushi...EVER!~
Johnnyb
17 posts
Jul 15, 2008
5:00 AM
I wouldnt call this a triumph but it was an event none the less. I did a good deed last sunday; I was trying to get a new laundry card to replace the one I lost but the damn machien needs a 5$ bill so I had to go to the 7-11 to break my 20$. I browsed around the store 4 something cheap to buy since they will not break a 20 unless u buy somethinng (indian owned and operated, I say no more), I settled on an arizona ice tea at 99 cents. While I rested against my motorcycle with my black skull imprinted T and scruffy jeans on, a car cam up to me and this old lady jumped out. She was somewhat frantic and asking me directions to a west bound on ramp. I abliged and rattled off the simple few turns to get there. She stared at me like a dear in headlights, telling me that she was hopelessly lost, no shit, and she attempted to read back my instructions. Obviosly she had some cognative defisits so I volunteered to get on my bike and lead her to her on ramp. Now, this was significant for me because I dont feel comfortable around elderly ppl much, wether it be from never associating with grand parent as a child or that they remind me of my own mortality I dunno.

Do you like how I took a long time to make my pointlessness? I had a long drive to kill.
TW
Jul 15, 2008
10:43 AM
First of all,.....(((((((Johnnyb))))))). That little old lady could have been my mom, who is 82, and was helped out of a confusing spot by a kind housebuilding foreman, when she was coming back from a blueberry farm and got lost. You go, jb.

My triumph of yesterday, is that since it was finally in the 80's instead of 90's, I loaded up my 4 1/2 yr old and his swim trunks/towel......and big-ass gallon jugs of water. First we visited the grave of a dear friend from the past, and watered the flowers we have planted there (rosemary, violets, irises). Then we went on down to an ice-cold natural spring we have in our area, turned into a community park. The boy played on playground and climbing wall like crazy, then switched to his Lightning McQueen swim trunks, and took over the icy (shallow) stream. Two other only-children, ages 3 and 6 were there, and they all played joyfully together. there was jumping in, splashing, and then they participated in the rescue of (eventually) 4 beautiful shiny-green junebugs, which had ended up in the water, maybe trying to drink. The kids learned that junebugs do not bite or sting, and u can hold them....but they tickle and hang on. They r good for holding on a stick, too.

The boy had a BLAST, and ran/jumped off all that extra energy, which has been known to make him climb everything in the house, esp. the humans. YAY, MOM!!!! I finally got our butts out to play somewhere good!!!! =)

P.S. I aspire to buy some Turtlewax....and eventually get to my and Nana's cars. Wish me luck.

TreadingWater
Hunnybutton
Jul 15, 2008
6:48 PM
Thanks for starting this one Hydra. Given the current state of my job, my crankiness is starting to make me fester and rot.

Anyway, today I have not eaten ice cream. I will not eat ice cream. And my bottom will not get any larger for it. Woo hoo.
NitewaLker
Jul 16, 2008
2:36 PM
My accomplishment today was taking the time to read this entire thread. It's great. You people give me hope. Thank you.
soupCan
69 posts
Jul 18, 2008
12:12 AM
Triumph...hmmm....

Well, I am completely med free. Ok, well brain-altering med free. I take benadryl for sleep and allergies.

I went to the OBGYN today for my 1st prego appt. Surprisingly enough they did not have me piss in a cup. I suppose they just assume the pregnancy test I took at home was good enough?? Doesn't matter. My body is clearly telling me there is a mini me down there.

I haven't cried my eyes out in days. I miss my babies terribly but instead of crying I look at pictures, talk about the silly things they have done in their little lives, and/or call them.

I have spent some wonderful, quality time with my older son and my honey. We even got away this past weekend and visited with some friends.

I hope that I can continue to see the bright side of things. This is nice and I don't want it to end.
Kara
Jul 18, 2008
6:17 AM
i have been very anxious and down the last week or so. my triumph of the day is i made it through work without anyone seeing me cry. that is a triumph for me, believe me.
Hydra
79 posts
Jul 24, 2008
11:58 AM
I had a nice day off...I had plans to have no plans and ended up talking on the phone, doing my nails and lunching with my bf...very good day indeed.
okbipo
Jul 26, 2008
10:19 AM
wow! ther must be some gravitTIONAL POOL TODAY OR SOMETHING..ALL US BI-POS have been proactive energetic little grasshoppers today! i got up and made myself do some cleaning and i even mopped the kitchen floor! good work everyone and thanks to hydra and all of you.we all need to pat ourseves on the back more offten! okbipo

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.